Miami Criminal Lawyer
Any encounter with law enforcement can be stressful, especially when it results in an arrest and allegations of criminal activity. The criminal justice system in Florida can be confusing and a lot can be at stake in a criminal case, including your finances and your freedom. To ensure you receive the best outcome possible in your criminal case, you should always discuss your charges with a highly experienced Miami criminal lawyer as soon as you can following an arrest.
Handling a Wide Range of Criminal Cases
At the Baez Law Firm in Miami, we regularly assist people facing a variety of charges, including the following:
- Assault & Battery
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- DUI Manslaughter
- Federal Crime
- Identity Theft
- Juvenile Crime
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Offenses
- White Collar Crime
No case is too minor or too serious for our skilled criminal defense lawyers, and please do not hesitate to call our office for help whether you have a speeding ticket or have been accused of a serious violent crime.
Providing a Strong Defense against Criminal Charges
Any of the above criminal charges can result in fines, probation, jail time, or other serious consequences. Whether you are facing a traffic violation, a misdemeanor offense, or a serious felony, an experienced lawyer can take many steps to help limit the penalties you face. The following are some of the ways a Miami criminal defense lawyer can assist in your case:
- Protect your rights with law enforcement — We can help you from the moment of your arrest in protecting your rights in all communications with police. Police officers often engage in interrogation to try to get confessions or information from you. You have the right to have an lawyer present with you to help ensure you do not say anything that may be used against you.
- Represent you in court — Court appearances can always be intimidating with many rules and procedures to follow. We will appear at all court hearings to represent you in front of the judge.
- Identify legal defenses — The legal defenses available will vary from case to case. We will investigate your case, identify the appropriate defenses in your situation, and present them in the most effective way possible to try to have your case dismissed or dropped.
- Negotiate with prosecutors — In many cases, we can negotiate a favorable plea bargain with prosecutors that will amend your charges and limit the penalties that you will face if you decide to plead guilty.
- Represent you at trial — If you have been wrongfully charged or otherwise decide to go to trial, we will build the most effective case in your defense and provide aggressive representation at your jury trial.
We understand that every case requires an individualized approach based on the type of charges you face and the specific circumstances of your case. We will always keep you apprised of all developments in your case.
Call a Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer for Help 24/7
If you have been arrested or charged with any offense, call the Baez Law Firm in Miami today. Our Miami criminal lawyers offer free consultations in Spanish or English, so call us at 800-588-BAEZ.