Miami Federal Crimes Defense Attorneys
While the majority of criminal cases take place in state court, federal law has criminalized a wide variety of conduct, and more and more crimes are prosecuted in U.S. federal court. Generally speaking, federal crimes are considered more serious than state crimes and, as a result, expose defendants to much more serious penalties. For this reason, Florida residents who are facing allegations of violating federal criminal law should seek the representation of a Miami federal criminal defense attorney at the Baez Law Firm as soon as possible.
Miami Federal Crimes Attorneys Protecting Your Rights
At the Baez Law Firm, we are qualified to represent the rights of people who have been accused of a variety of federal crimes. Some of the more common cases we handle include the following:
- Drug crimes – Almost any drug offense can be prosecuted as a federal offense, as both state and federal laws have criminalized the possession, distribution, and trafficking of illegal drugs. These crimes are extremely serious, especially when they involve the transportation of drugs across state lines or the possession of large amounts of drugs.
- Tax offenses – Federal law criminalizes a variety of acts in regard to taxes, including failure to pay taxes or committing tax fraud. These offenses can result in serious penalties, ranging from significant civil fines to jail time.
- White collar crime – The term “white collar crime” refers to financially motivated crimes that are accomplished without the use of violence. A variety of federal laws apply to white collar crime, including those that relate to mail and wire fraud, healthcare fraud, securities fraud, and computer crimes.
- Child pornography – Federal law makes it illegal to possess, receive, distribute, transport, and reproduce child pornography. These crimes generally involve significant prison time and are prosecuted aggressively by authorities.
- Forgery and counterfeiting – Individuals who create false documents or currency are often subject to significant legal penalties under federal law.
Providing Effective Criminal Defense Representation
Federal crimes can result in significant legal consequences. Fortunately, an attorney can often have the penalties that you are facing significantly reduced and, in some cases, may even be able to have them completely dropped or dismissed. In cases in which there are no clear legal defenses available, we will aggressively negotiate with the prosecutor assigned to your case in order to obtain the most favorable plea bargain possible. In some cases, effective plea bargaining can result in the option to enter into diversionary program or a suspended adjudication of guilt. These arrangements can often avoid a conviction from being entered on your record, preventing the matter from affecting you for years to come.
Contact a Miami Federal Crimes Lawyer Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you are facing federal criminal charges, you should contact a federal criminal defense attorney immediately. Our attorneys are skilled Miami federal criminal defense attorneys who understand how to protect the legal rights of our clients. We offer free consultations and are available 24/7. To schedule a case evaluation with one of our attorneys, call our office today at 800-588-BAEZ. Se Habla Espanol.