Orlando Civil Litigation Attorneys
In a nutshell, civil litigation involves legal disputes where one or more participants seek monetary damages or another form of compensation from another participant. The Orlando civil litigation attorneys at The Baez Law Firm in Miami, Florida are experienced civil litigation attorneys who have worked on high profile and complex cases. Our firm handles all types of civil litigation matters, including complicated legal areas such as:
- Corporate Fraud. At the heart of most corporate fraud cases is an intentional misrepresentation. Corporations, like people, commit fraud when they misrepresent a material fact upon which another relies. Common corporate fraud cases include securities fraud, insurance fraud, and identity theft. These cases may involve lengthy and complicated discovery periods and the review of countless corporate documents, witness testimony and other evidence. We fight to discover the truth and hold corporate wrongdoers accountable for the harm they have caused shareholders or others.
- Negligent Security. Owners of nightclubs and bars, as well as owners or managers of apartment complexes, shopping centers and parking garages, can be held liable for failing to provide adequate security when someone is assaulted, robbed, injured or killed as a result. Plaintiffs seek causes of action against business owners when they do not have enough security cameras, guards, or other safety measures, ranging from keyed, gated entries to adequate lighting in stairwells and other areas. In these cases, plaintiffs may argue that the business owners should have known of prior criminal activity or the likelihood of criminal activity on their property and should have taken appropriate measures to prevent an attack.
- Medical Board Hearings & Trials. The Florida Board of Medicine provides administrative proceedings (non-court proceedings) when a doctor or other medical professional has been accused of certain misconduct. Such misconduct includes practicing below minimum standards of care (negligence), sexual misconduct with a patient, failure to release patient records, and mislabeled prescriptions.
- Dental Board Hearings & Trials. Like other medical professionals, dentists are held to certain standards of care and professional ethics. When a dentist fails to provide care in accordance with these standard or does something unethical, the Florida Board of Dentistry holds dentists accountable. For doctors, dentists and other medical professionals, discipline can result in anything from damage to one’s reputation to the inability to practice that profession any longer. Strong, effective representation is essential.
- Products Liability. Everyday consumer products, such as toys and appliances, as well as pharmaceuticals and industrial machinery, can be defective and cause death or serious bodily injury. We take on the pharmaceutical companies and corporate giants when they neglect their duty of safety to consumers in the name of profits.
- Intentional Torts. Intentional torts are intentional harms committed to persons or property. Examples of intentional torts include battery, assault, false imprisonment, fraud, defamation, invasion of privacy, trespass, and conversion. Whether or not a person is criminally prosecuted for such acts, they may be liable in civil court for money damages to the person they have harmed.
- Serious Injuries. Florida law allows for monetary compensation when you have been seriously injured resulting from someone else’s action or inaction. Serious injuries can arise in many different areas of civil litigation including nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, defective products, and assault and battery.
The Baez Law Firm will aggressively litigate your civil matter. We use our superior forensic science knowledge for the benefit of all our clients. If you have been injured or wronged by another person or if a lawsuit or disciplinary proceeding has been filed against you, contact The Baez Law Firm today and see how an experienced Orlando civil litigation attorney in Miami, Florida can help you. Please call us today at 800-588-BAEZ.